Forget the gym. Forget dieting. Having a baby is your ticket to weight loss – and we’re not just talking about getting back to your pre-pregnancy weight. A specific regiment every day, between breastfeeding, changing diapers, soccer practice, cooking dinner, and cleaning up at night, means you can climb into bed at night and feel the aches of stellar workouts.
By using the baby as part of my regiment, I found several ways that a mom can exercises with their little ones. Here are six awesome exercises for mommy and baby.
Stroller Walking or Running
One of the most common exercises that you can do with a baby is using the stroller. This can be done no matter how old your baby is. If you start the routine at an early age, you will find that your little ones will enjoy and even look forward to the time out.
Hiking trails with a tent and sleeping bag is simple work compared to hauling a toddler. By using a backpack you’re distributing the workout to new areas that will certainly provide muscle tone and maximize weight loss.
Do the Kissing Curls
Curls don’t have to be only for your hair.
This is something that is simple but can help to strengthen those tummy muscles which can help to support your lower back. The kissing curls are fun for your little one because it starts a giggle fest and lets them have some fun just like you are having fun working out. Try this exercise:
- Lay flat on your back with your feet flat on the floor.
- This will place your knees in the air.
- Rest your babies back on your knees, placing their bum on your belly just above the pubic bone.
- Tighten your abs and lift your head, shoulders, and neck off the floor.
- Place a kiss on your little ones toes or forehead.
- Do 15 or 20 of this exercise. Rest. Then repeat.
Reverse Kissing Curls
Once you have reached the pleasure of the kissing curls above it is time to move on to the reverse curls. Reverse curls are designed to bring your knees to your chest. This will tighten your buttocks muscles as well as stretch several of the muscles within your legs. Try the exercise like this:
- Lie face up on the floor and bring your knees toward your chest.
- Put your little one on your shins.
- Tighten your abs and gently tilt your hips to the floor.
- Bring your head to your knees.
- Kiss the babies forehead and watch them giggle again.
- Lower your hips back to the floor. This will rock your baby back.
- Repeat this 20 times. Rest. Then do again.
Tummy time is something that every baby is supposed to have. However, you can make that tummy time fun for both of you. There are plenty of exercises that a person can do while lying on a mat. Here are three exercise that can be done during tummy time.
- If you lay one side of your body. Raise yourself up on your elbow, placing yourself in a side plank position. And the raise arm on the top over your head and stretch. Talk to your little one while doing this exercise. It can help to strengthen their neck muscles to lift their head and turn.
- Another exercise you can do is place your baby on their belly. Then you move in front of them and lay on your belly. Your heads should be facing one another at this time. Bend your legs into a 90-degree angle. Then slowly lift your feet into the air, or your knees off the floor. However, it is important to hold this pose in the air for 20 seconds.
- A third exercise that you can do during tummy time will help to strengthen your triceps. This is one that is best done beside your baby, or with one that is older. Sit on the floor and bend your knees. Put your hands behind your hips with your fingers facing forward. Lift your buttocks off the ground, then lower your body down on the floor. Think of this as a reverse push up, and never forget to exhale.
Remember that every mom needs to have a few minutes of mommy time. It is also important to continue to think about your own health no matter who old your baby is. Remember that starting to exercise is an important decision and you want to include your medical doctor.